The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
My 11 Things:
1. My middle name is Elizabeth
2. Whenever I can, I like to eat my food with a spoon. If it’s socially acceptable (and sometimes when it’s not) I’ll use a teaspoon.
3. I hate humour that makes someone involved uncomfortable or confused (like prank phone calls). I have way too much empathy.
4. I have no sense of direction. At all. I once got lost inside a friend’s house and couldn’t find the front door.
5. Half way through my arts/law degree, I cracked the shits, took a year off and worked in an environmental company. It was one of the best things I have ever done, and it helped me to get some perspective on the ‘real’ world.
6. I get easily irritated around and about the people I love. My mum calls it being ‘prickly’ – I really need a hug, but don’t flipping touch me.
7. I have a phobia of throwing up.
8. I am tall (on the edge of 5’9″ and 5’10″)
9. I tutor primary and high school students, and I love it
10. I’ve won an award for my speaking/litigation skills at a US-based international law mooting (trial court) competition.
11. I study law but have no intention of being a lawyer. Instead, I plan to go into business.
Abby’s Questions for Me
1. Why did you start blogging?
As a project to document and look back on my own experience leading up to my first marathon AND to see how running a website works (I’m in marketing).
2. What has been your favorite part of the experience so far?
The community, both of family/friends and their support and story sharing, and the new people I’ve met along the way.
3. If you could gain one thing from blogging what would you hope it brings to you?
Tough one Abby! I think I want the running community more than anything. I want to learn that somewhere I’m considered normal for running.
4. What are you most looking forward to right now?
5. What do you do when you are stressed?
Reach for the valium Talk at someone for an hour or so, until they back away awkwardly, and then hit the gym/pavement.
6. What is one food you could not live without?
No-brainer. Yogurt. I’m eating it while I type this post.
7. If you could only watch one TV show a week what would it be?
Community. It suits my attention span, and it’s the perfect relief at the end of a long day.
8. Where is your dream vacation?
The destination doesn’t matter so long as it’s really warm, and way out of my price-range.
9. What is one goal you are currently working towards?
My honours thesis. I will finish my honours in law at the end of the year. My topic is eco-labelling in international trade law.
10. Do you have any children or fur babies?
Sadly no, but I grew up with cats, a dog, budgies, frogs, fish and brothers.
11. Favorite ice cream or fro-yo flavor?
1. Is this your first blog? If not, where did you start?
2. Where were you born?
3. What’s something that you’ve done that you’re incredibly proud of?
4. What’s something you got into trouble for at school?
5. What do you like most about yourself right now?
6. Who is your biggest fan?
7. What sport do you follow?
8. Do you have a hidden talent? (Or not so hidden!)
9. When do you blog?
10. Is there anyone who doesn’t know about your blog who you’ve avoided telling?
11. Name a song you can’t get enough of at the moment.
11 People – You Just Got Tagged
6. Pia Will Run
8. All For Gain
Great, awesome, tagged, …go!